Friday, July 9, 2010

Ronald McDonald House

We just completed recovering all the outdoor cushions on the Ronald McDonald House in Long Branch, NJ...29 in all!! The house director promises to take pictures and send to us because, duh, I forgot my camera. We were so happy to complete this job since it took 3 weeks of trying to get the fabric, on time and with no black marks on it! I can now go on vacation with a peaceful mind. Ronald McDonald House has a special place in my heart since I spent some time at the one in Philadelphia many years ago when my little girl was at Children's Hospital. I don't know what I would have done without them. I was able to stay near her and they only charged us $10 per night (and this was in 1983) and I was told this is still the amount they charge. What a blessing to families of sick children. So please, anytime you are asked to make a donation, give generously or volunteer your time. For more information go to their website: http://rmhc.org/
Soon as I get the pics will post.

No comments:

Post a Comment